Friday, December 14, 2007

Tell Me What You Really Think. . .

While we are on the break, I thought it would be a good time to remind everyone about the Anonymous Feedback Form. The reason I set that form up is so you can tell me what you think without fear of reprisal. So you can be as mean as you want.

So, tell me what's on your mind. Were any of the "things" too confusing? Is there something you feel that is unfair about this training? Is it too much? Too little? Are you learning alot from this, or is it all repetition? Is there a thing you were expecting to see and haven't yet? Was there anything that doesn't quite belong?

Good, bad or ugly -- I'd really love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having some problems finding the time when I can concentrate on learning the 23 things. Some of them I already knew - e.g. I had already created blogs - and others look like things I might need to know at work. But I found it hard to get interested in articles enough to make comments on them. It is just too hard to organize myself enough to benefit properly. For example, I'd like to find it easier to create links and post pictures on my blog, but I never seem to find the time to search out exactly how to do it.

Ryan Deschamps said...

Hi Aina. I can help with create links, though adding pictures is similar.

On Blogger or Wordpress, the "link" button looks like a chainlink. When you use your mouse to select some text (where the link will reside), the link button will be "clickable." Once you click, you will be asked for the web address. Add the address of the website where you want to link (and make sure it still has the "http://" in the front).

That should help for the link. The picture is sort of the same. There is a button to press to add a picture.

Time to concentrate is important. Are you able to ask your branch manager for a small slot of time to focus in on the things? Perhaps you could prioritize the one or two things you would like to focus in on and just "satisfice" the rest of the things?

I was aware that time would be an issue for the "things", especially since it's voluntary and especially since the range of skill is so varied. All I can say is that I've offered six months for a reason. :)

wikiman said...

It helps to remember your passwords and user names, though I prefer not to use the same I do when banking etc. As I result ,I now have three blogs, possibly more, as the passwords suddenly come back to me.