Monday, December 10, 2007

Noticed by Kevin Wong.

An email I received recently, redirected from the wiki.

How are you? I hope you are well. My name is Kevin Wong, and I am the author of the book Heroes of Destiny. I just saw on the front page of the hpllearning wiki that someone rated my Heroes of Destiny book as being the 10th best book of all time, which I found truly humbling and amusing all at once. Who was it that rated my book so immeasurably (and probably undeservingly) highly, and what criteria did he or she use to create the list? In any event, I wanted to thank whoever it was (and if it was you, the wiki's owner, then "thank you") who thought so highly of my book, and to say that it brought a smile (and a great, humble laugh) to my face. :-)

Sincerely,

Kevin Wong
Author of the Heroes of Destiny Trilogy of Books
www.kevinwong.ca
www.heroesofdestiny.ca
This is one thing I've discovered about the blogosphere (the world of blogs out there). Writers are very interested in hearing what people say (positive or negative) about their books and often respond to blogs about their works.

In short, our tongue-in-cheek resource has become a resource, just like that! And now it's noticed by a local resource. Lots of big projects, probably even Wikipedia, started off just like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Kevin Wong doesn't need any more of a big head than he already has. Someone may have created a monster. :P

Cynthia Gatto said...

Hi Ryan:
I just got a post on my blog from one of the editors of the podcast I subscribed to. She invited me to send in a podcast review of a children's book! I guess these guys keep a watch over who's talking about them on the web.