Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Web 2.0 Screencasting!

So I discovered a neat online tool called screencast-o-matic via Amanda Etches-Johnson who I met at a Computers In Libraries conference and again at a Canadian Libraries Association preconference last year. So, I created a small tutorial on how to install an RSS feed in Google Reader (using Firefox 2.0).

It is unedited and has maybe about 300 too many "uhs" in it, but it does go to show how easy it is to do cool things with these technologies. Oh -- and I should warn that a news article title spells out "B.S." during the tutorial. Don't view this if you do not want to see the "S" word.



And that is one of the neat things about the Web 2.0 movement. I get information from people that have information I need, neato tools to help me do my work better, and then I get to share with you!

2 comments:

Sara in Halifax said...

Is this something we could potentially use on our site as a teaching tool (ie, how to search the catalogue)?

Ryan Deschamps said...

Possibly, although I think a product like Captivate would be better (it would make it look more professional and it would use Flash which is a more popular animation format).

We have the technology. :)