Wednesday, October 3, 2007

. . . and we're off!

Now that the first two "things" have been released, I can already see quite a bit of enthusiasm around new technologies and the program. Some folks out there have assumed that one of the "things" in the future will be "start your own blog." Ok. I admit, it is. As you can see on the right, thing #3 has already been released early.

That brings me to another point -- what is the value of peeking at this blog every so often? Well, it's like this: I would like to establish a communication device to identify new technological trends and ideas. I do not want to fill up people's email to do it. A blog is one of many ways to do this. In fact, *this* blog may be the way this happens in the future.

So, I'm going to make it worth your while to view this blog periodically:

  • For one, all of the "things" have a post on this blog with tips on how to complete them.
  • Besides the 23 things, there will be some mini-challenges with prizes (perhaps involving chocolate) to help illustrate a point about new Web devices.
  • I will drop hints about what the future 23 things will be from here. If you visit this blog, you will have a head-start on them.
  • I will announce other "23 things" prizes via this blog. (Did you think I was just going to stop at a laptop?)
  • There will be pointers to some fun and silly things happening on the web via this blog.

4 comments:

Cynthia Gatto said...

Yes - I approve of the Chocolate bribery!! This is going to work!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, laptop or chocolate....laptop or chocolate? I hope we don't have to choose!

Sharon said...

OK. Bring on the mini-challenges and the chocolate. You obviously know how to speak our language.

Alison said...

t-shirts, unique, very special, designed just for us by Denis Cunningham t-shirts. That's what we need. Oh wait, that's what I just won!