Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Running Late!

I will be releasing the next "things" today. Until then, I thought I'd add some notes:

  • I had a few more questions about how I will see people's blogs when this is all over. What's going to happen is that, in the next few days, I am going to ask you to answer a brief "quiz." This quiz will be easy for anyone who is familiar with the "things," and even if it is not, a quick search through this blog will probably uncover the answer.
  • A number of savvy folks have commented that the "social" aspect of the social software is missing from a number of the "things." I think this is a fair comment. The difficulty here is trying to balance between the social interaction and respecting people's comfort level where their privacy is concerned. But here are some things I will propose:
    • If you want your blog listed on this website, send me a note via email, or through the anonymous feed back form. If you do this, I will link to you in a "wrap up" post on The Other Librarian, which gets quite a good amount of traffic.
    • One of the "things" this week will have a limited "friending" requirement.
    • I will have another "mini challenge" related to the last series (Internet Messaging and Chat) that should encourage collaboration as well.
  • A number of people are seriously missing chocolate. Mea Culpa, I didn't know my kitchen would be flooded, then sold (we moved to a new house), then renovated. I still have all the ingredients for fudge, I just haven't made it yet!
  • More t-shirts will be leaving my office for some wonderful tech sharers this week! Check your mail box, you may already be a winner!

No comments: