Friday, November 9, 2007

The 4 o'clock final top-ten list!

Ok. Here is what the top 10 book list looked like at just before 4pm. Sorry for people who missed the deadline by just a bit -- I had to go by the clock on pbwiki to be fair.
Now, just because your book is on the list, does not mean that you win chocolate. I have to find out if you actually followed the rules.

Oh, and for readers-advisors, there is a whole list of books still on the wiki -- take a look!


The Top 10 Chocolate Books Ever

#1Pride and Prejudice (and chocolate) by Jane Austen

#2 The Polar Express (full of chocolate) by Chris Van Allsburg

#3 Tale of Despereaux (and the chocolate) by Kate diCamillo

#4 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (full of non-unionised workers making chocolate) by Roald Dahl

#5 The Secret Garden (no chocolate allowed, it's bad for the teeth) by Frances Hodgson Burnett

#6 The Terrible Horrible Smelly Pirate (and the chocolate that loved him) by Carrie Muller and Jacqueline Halsey, illustrated by Eric Orchard available from Nimbus Spring 2008

#7 A Great Deliverance (of chocolate) by Elizabeth George

#8 Little Women (who eat chocolate) by Louisa May Alcott

#9 The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

#10 The Very Hungry Caterpillar (is looking for chocolate) by Eric Carle


UPDATE:

I had 2 extra shirts, so I included 3 more people in the chocolate list. Doug Wournell just did the draw for the shirts. If you are a prize winner, you will be notified by email.

4 comments:

Alison said...

It's the perfect list! All chocolate all the time!

Dave Lewis said...

Hey Ryan, just couldn't find the time last week... I went to edit the list today and was taken to an edit page that was source code. I could probably have done that (I've coded my own web pages) but I figured there must be an easier way. There is a kind of wysiwyg editor but I had to look.

Ryan Deschamps said...

Hi David,

Sorry about that -- somehow the default editor got changed. I've switched it back -- hopefully that will fix things.

2cycle said...

Hello Ryan
I came back from vacation and was very excited to see Polar Express was #2 on the list. Did I win ? yum yum yum...