Monday, September 24, 2007

Learning 2.0 Program Launched!

On Friday, September 21st a training session launched the introduction of the Learning 2.0 program. I facilitated the session using Google Presentations. Jessamyn West was the guest speaker, and she presented on "Tiny Technologies for Tiny Libraries."
















The goal of the training session was to introduce the library/web 2.0 concept, spread the word about the "23 Things" program, and pique curiosity about new technologies.

A big thank you to my helpers, Kelli Wooshue, Mohammed Amin, Emmanuel Chimbo, Andrew Curran and anyone else who laid out a hand when any little glitch happened.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Ryan. It was fun. I've been talking this up to some of my staff here, and they're all very interested. How and when are you going to roll it out to those who weren't there on Friday?

Ryan Deschamps said...

Hi Alison. I just sent out an email to all staff, and that email included an attachment with a poster.

Supervisors should post this on staff bulletin boards so people can see what's going on.

And maybe if there are communication manuals these can be added to as well, that would be great.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ryan,
I'm looking forward to participating in the Learning 2.0 program. I think it is a very innovative way to present professional development! Thank you for all you are doing.